I am in no way insinuating King James Version Only believers, or those who choose to use translations other than the KJV bible are non-Christians.
SECONDLY
THERE IS A DIFFERENCE BETWEEN THOSE WHO DON'T BELIEVE IN CHRIST, AND THOSE WHO HATE HIM!
TO THE NON- CHRISTIAN
For a myriad of different reasons you think valid, you say the bible is not the word of God. However, a non Christian will never be able to have a clear understanding of biblical scriptures ,and no one should expect you to. God tells us the book that you don't accept as His word has to be spiritually discerned. By that, God means that a person who is not Christian, cannot understand the things of or the word of Christ, the Bible, because it is ONLY through HIS Spirit that understanding comes:
1 Corinthians 2:14 But the natural man receives not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness to him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned.
Neither your lack of belief, nor refusal to believe in any way change the truth of the gospel message and the veracity of the Bible being the Word of God. But fret not, many who identify as Christians do not allow God to give them understanding, either. Some purposefully because they will not submit to His Spirit.
The simplified gospel message is this:
THE WAY OF SALVATION
God is Holy and we are all sinful. Sin is what separates us from God. Being separated from God means we will never be able to live up to God's standards for holiness on our own. Because God is Holy, sin can't be in His presence, nor by it's very nature does it want to.
As such eternal spiritual separation from God is the price we must pay for our sinfulness.
The place that is designated for sinners is called hell, but it doesn't have to be our destination. His holiness says hell is our destination, but in His love, He tells us that He wants heaven to be our destination (2 Peter 3:9). In the times of the Old Testament, because God loved us, He accepted the sacrifice of animals in our places as payment for our sin, but promised a time when there would be no more animal sacrifices (Psalm 40:6, Hebrews 10:5-12; This latter one may be difficult to understand by itself, but taken with psalm 40:6, God will grant you understanding) and His laws would be written in our hearts (Psalms 40:8, 2 Corinthians 3:3). That person Is Jesus Christ, who, through some way we cant get our heads around, He is God in the flesh and loved us so much that He willingly went to the cross to pay for our sins (John 12:27, Matthew 26:53-54 Philippians 2:6-8)John 1:1-4 In the beginning was the Word, and the Word was with God, and the Word was God. 2 The same was in the beginning with God. 3 All things were made by him; and without him was not any thing made that was made. 4 In him was life; and the life was the light of men.Christ was born of a virgin, lived a holy, sinless life, died as a penalty for our sins, but was resurrected the third day. Mark 16, John 20
Because He was without sin and death is for the sinner, death could not hold Him. Christ says that He is Both resurrection and life! (John 11:25) The Only Way, The only Truth and The Only Life! Without accepting Him, we will not make it into heaven.
If you are willing to have a real relationship with God, if you desire to know the creator God as He has revealed Himself to us in Christ Jesus, you must realize that you are a sinner separated from a Holy God in need of a savior. Jesus Christ is that Savior who sacrificed Himself for our sins that we can have salvation and go to heaven and dwell with God. If you, by faith, are willing to accept Christ as savior, His sacrifice that He made for your sins and TRULY make Him Lord over your life, repent (turn away from)of your sins, audibly confess Him you will be saved. Romans 10:9-11 That if thou shalt confess with thy mouth the Lord Jesus, and shalt believe in thine heart that God hath raised him from the dead, thou shalt be saved. 10 For with the heart man believeth unto righteousness; and with the mouth confession is made unto salvation. 11 For the scripture saith, Whosoever believeth on him shall not be ashamed.
REGARDING WHAT WE CALL THE "TRINITY"
Classic, traditional Trinitarians will have a problem with my understanding and explanation of what we call the trinity of God, and will deem me not a true Christian. The classic understanding of the Trinity is not a prerequisite to become a born again believer, or else NO ONE would be a Christian. Firstly, because it doesn't make sense to a non Christian, and secondly, how many Christians understood the trinity before becoming saved? NONE! HOW MANY CHRISTIANS WOULD SAY YOU UNDERSTAND THE TRINITY SINCE COMING TO CHRIST? NONE! The only thing Trinitarians DO understand is they agree to accept the doctrine!
I am a Bible believing Christian, I believe by faith in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. I have learned to trust in what the Lord has revealed to me, and not what people have determined doctrine to be. The only way I can explain Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, and how I have come to understand it with my spiritual mind is this: The Father is fully God, has been and always will be. Christ is fully God, has been and always will be. The Holy Spirit is God, always has been and always will be. God disclosed Himself to Moses and Israel simply as "I AM" (Exodus 3:14). He later revealed Himself in this way:
I am a Bible believing Christian, I believe by faith in God the Father, God the Son, and God the Holy Spirit. I have learned to trust in what the Lord has revealed to me, and not what people have determined doctrine to be. The only way I can explain Jesus Christ is God in the flesh, and how I have come to understand it with my spiritual mind is this: The Father is fully God, has been and always will be. Christ is fully God, has been and always will be. The Holy Spirit is God, always has been and always will be. God disclosed Himself to Moses and Israel simply as "I AM" (Exodus 3:14). He later revealed Himself in this way:
Deuteronomy 6:4 Hear, O Israel: The LORD our God is one LORD:
My understanding is this: God IS. God IS ONE. He IS ONE who has eternally existed and has chosen to reveal Himself to us as Father, Son, in redemption
and Holy Spirit.
My understanding is this: God IS. God IS ONE. He IS ONE who has eternally existed and has chosen to reveal Himself to us as Father, Son, in redemption
and Holy Spirit.
FOR MY KJV ONLY FAMILY
To those who are professing Christians:
While I am not a KJV Only, I am not ANTI- King James, I am just Anti- KJV ONLY! I LOVE only use the KJV because I find it to be the most accurate, I love the way it sounds, and it has been the primary one that I have used for the past 30 years. I, for a short time, began using a NIV primarily because it was the one used by the church that we were attending. I thought that it was more understandable for my kids and reading it was not so much of a chore for them. After discovering all of the seeming purposeful mis-translations and left out verses, I hurriedly put it down and immedreturned my family and I back to the KJV for reading and studying. I am not above using a quote from a version that makes a verse sound more plain and understandable for the audience I am trying to minister to. Last I checked, God will not be speaking King James English. KJV only people even object to the "thee"s, "thou"s etc. This mind set presupposes that anyone who did not read English (let alone understand KJ english) were not reading a God ordained translation and thereby were reading demonic translations, since KJV only proponents claim that every other translation is demonically transmitted. What about those who read the bible in Greek? Are they also reading a "corrupt translation"?
As Christians, we need to go for the most accurate translation of original text (as original as we can obtain). When you look at the Hebrew or Greek meaning of the word, we need to place it within context of the sentence, verse, chapter and/or book. One Greek or Hebrew word can mean more than one thing, and the Spirit of the Lord, since He inspired it, will shape it however He chooses. The KJV translators, in my opinion, while they do not leave words or passages out, they don't always use the best Hebrew or Greek word, or there may be a word that I feel makes that verse more clear and more in line with what the Holy Spirit is saying in the rest of the passage(s). For example: Exodus 32:14 says the Lord "repented". To "repent" means to be sorrowful and turn from sin. God cannot sin. A much better translation of this word from Hebrew should be "changed his mind", or "was sorry".
HOWEVER, the NIV and other versions leave out portions and entire passages of scripture. For one small example, one I was studying this morning: Matthew 20:16 in the KJV reads: So the last shall be first, and the first last: for many be called, but few chosen.The NIV leaves off this entire portion: for many be called, but few chosen.That is one small example. While the Calvinists love to use the latter part as proof of their false doctrine (I am not calvinist), it would make my doctrine of Conditional Security, that so much easier to explain without this verse. BUT, that would not be remaining with what I know to be the Inspired word of God as He intended it to be read, taken and understood. So then, I begin the process of, through the discernment or understanding, of the Holy Spirit, study to find out what the words mean in the original language to discern what the Lord meant when He said that. If you don't know that part of the verse is even there, how can anyone gain a better understanding of God's will?
Another element of KJV Only supporters cite the NIV being owned by Harper Collins publishing, which is owned by billionaire, Rupert Murdoch. Murdoch's Harper Collins is also publisher to Anton LaVey's Satanic Bible. They say the reason and motive behind the NIV's translation is Murdoch's company(ies) that put out soft porn and promoting immorality. While Murdoch and his companies are guilty of this, he did not purchase Zondervan until 1988. Zondervan's NIV was first published in 1978. As a matter of factual history, while Zondervan has not made too many revisions to it's NIV since 1984, they have said to have made one in 2011, when they changed the supposedly changed the language regarding homosexuality to be more accurate and it's translations clearer on homosexual sins. Yes, Harper Collins does publish material such as The Joy Of Gay Sex, but the NIV translation as we have it, for the most part, has existed ten years before Murdoch's acquisition! The NIV's translation is bad because the devil purposefully wants people to not walk with Christ the way God intended, with their translation many times being important to a persons view on and clarity regarding how we view Christ. This site has some stretched points,(as many KJV only proponents do. Some rather stupid ones if I might be so bold) but some rather good ones as well. Even more hypocritical of Christians, in 2012, Harper Collins brought Thomas Nelson Publishing, another Christian Publishing company. Thomas Nelson is responsible for the now popular book and movie, Heaven is For Real. Also among their authors are :
"Thomas Nelson, now based in Nashville, publishes leading Christian authors, including Billy Graham, Max Lucado, John Eldredge, John Maxwell, Charles Stanley, Michael A. O'Donnell, Ted Dekker, John Townsend, and Dave Stone. Thomas Nelson Inc. in 2000 began marketing the Women of Faith conference, a concept devised by author Stephen Arterburn" -http://en.wikipedia.org
- While I know the KJV only people will not buy Thomas Nelson's NKJV bible, ( I have a KJV bible by T.N Pub. from 30 years ago. I don't know if they still publish KJV Bibles) will they also not buy these VERY popular Pastors, Authors and Teachers, or attend the very popular Women Of Faith Conferences because Thomas Nelson is owned by Harper Collins? I bet they will.
While I have only spoke a little about the NIV Bible's horrible and ungodly translations, other translations do the same things, although they MAY be at different points.
In all things study to show yourself approved of God, and depend on the discernment of the Holy Spirit in all that you read, say and do, especially in regards to ministry.
I pray that you can understand what I have tried to say.
Sincerely, E.L

No comments:
Post a Comment